At the height of his powers Bach composed a series of compositions and collections that would become his musical testament. Hundreds of years later, works such as the Mass in B minor continue to dazzle, and Bach's published keyboard music has inspired every subsequent generation. This 11th Bach Academy Bruges is focussed on completeness: the complete Well-Tempered Clavier, performed by four young harpsichordists; all six of Bach’s motets, performed by the English ensemble Solomon’s Knot; Reinoud Van Mechelen singing the most beautiful tenor arias … Regular festival guest Philippe Herreweghe and his Collegium Vocale Gent underline the message: Bruges is completely Bach!
- cat. 3 € 192
- cat. 2 € 212
- cat. 1 € 228
These concerts are included in the weekend pass
- fri 22.01.21 / Collegium Vocale Gent / Bach. h-Moll Messe
- sat 23.01.21 / Korneel Bernolet / Das wohltemperirte Clavier #1
- sat 23.01.21 / a nocte temporis / Rühmet, singet, stimmt die Saiten
- sat 23.01.21 / Elina Albach / Das wohltemperirte Clavier #2
- sat 23.01.21 / Angela Hewitt / Bach. Italiaans concerto
- sat 23.01.21 / Elicia Silverstein / Bach, Biber, Berio & Sciarrino
- sun 24.01.21 / Andrea Buccarella / Das wohltemperirte Clavier #3
- sun 24.01.21 / Olga Pashchenko / Das wohltemperirte Clavier #4
- sun 24.01.21 / Solomon’s Knot / Bach. Motetten
- sun 24.01.21 / Collegium Vocale Gent / Schließe mit Amen!