- composed between 1485 and 1487 in the polyphonic style of the late Renaissance
- commissioned by Adriana de Moor, to be sung annually at the tomb of her husband Donaas in Sint-Jakobskerk
- Obrecht incorporated five songs - one of which was in Dutch - into the various movements of the Mass,
- in 1487, or a year later, the work was already copied in Rome
- St. Donatian (Donaas) Bruges’s patron saint, is depicted in paintings by Van Eyck, Gossaert and the anonymous ‘Master of the Legend of Saint Lucy’.
In collaboration with Cera